The Society cares for and grows an extensive collection of historical material for use by the public and researchers. The Resource Centre holds a diverse range of material including:
- Indexes – Online searchable
- The Log Book – Society quarterly publication available for purchase
- Publications – regular and one off publications are available for purchase
- Photographs – more than 12,000 iconic images of the Tweed Region [link iconic images to Photograph page]
- Library – a broad collection of research books is available on site, visit us [link visit us to Visit us page]
Online searchable Indexes
- Obituaries index (under development)
- Family files (under development)
- Tweed Daily 1914-1949 [link Tweed Daily to http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/title/1007]
Members of the public are welcome to attend the Resource Centre on open days and undertake personal research with assistance from Society members, free of charge.
We are also happy to undertake research for those unable to visit our Resource Centre. However, since we are all volunteers, we ask for a donation in these instances, as the time taken for such research is often quite extensive.
- Uki & South Arm Historical Society