We welcome support in the following forms:
Join Us – become a member and volunteer.
The Society’s members play an important part in all its activities, particularly when volunteering for special projects and Tweed Regional Museum operations. In return for an annual fee, members receive a quarterly journal The Log Book, as well as invitations to ten meetings per year and an end-of-year function.
Donations & Bequests
Contributions for the ongoing support of the Society are always welcome. Bequests received help the Society ensure its longevity. Every gift is appreciated enormously and benefits the entire Tweed community. If you would like to leave a bequest to the Society in your will, please express interest on the Contact us page.
The Society works with like-minded agencies with an interest in the history and heritage resources of the Tweed.
The Tweed Heads Historical Society is staffed entirely by volunteers and as such volunteers form an important part of our Society. Any person with a passion for history can assist the Society through volunteering.
We have a remarkable pool of talent, including people with considerable experience in researching and writing the history of the Tweed Region. Some activities undertaken by our volunteers include:
- Welcoming visitors
- Computer data entry
- Answering phone inquiries
- Helping with quarterly journal & publications
- Hosting and catering at meeting and functions
- Events and Tour Planning
- Development of displays
- Guest speakers for schools and community functions
- Guiding visitors around the Museum in coordination with the Tweed Regional Museum’s program development and presentation activities
- Development of displays in coordination with the Tweed Regional Museum’s program development and presentation activities
Just complete this form to join us